As I read Daniel 1:3-5, I glanced King Nebuchadnezzar’s commitment to developing high potential leaders he would have them serve in the king’s court and in his kingdom to handle the formidable challenges associated with hostile environment and complex leadership roles.
Daniel 1:3-5 reads, “Then the king instructed Ashpenaz, the master of his eunuchs, to bring some of the children of Israel and some of the king’s descendants and some of the nobles, 4 young men in whom there was no blemish, but good-looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge and quick to understand, who had ability to serve in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the language and literature of the Chaldeans. 5 And the king appointed for them a daily provision of the king’s delicacies and of the wine which he drank, and three years of training for them, so that at the end of that time they might serve before the king.” NKJV
Here are seven traits of high-potential future leaders:
- High-potential future leaders are from royal family and the nobility (cf. 1 Peter 2:9).
- High-potential future leaders are young men without physical defect and be blameless.
- High-potential future leaders have good reputation or well-organized appearance.
- High-potential future leaders show intelligence and are skillful in all wisdom and learning.
- High-potential future leaders are endowed with understanding and discerning knowledge.
- High-potential future leaders are expert in prudence and visionary decision making.
- High-potential future leaders are qualified to serve in the king’s palace or God’s house.
The preparation for highly effective leadership:
- Highly effective leaders must learn the language and literature.
- Highly effective leaders must prioritize health and wellness.
- Highly effective leaders are well trained and thoroughly equipped.
- Highly effective leaders are goal-oriented people.
Unsuccessful leaders make followers and use leaders. Good leaders have more followers. Great leaders make more leaders. Successful leaders create success within other leaders. Highly successful leaders create highly effective leadership team. What kind of leader are you?
God is calling you to lead. God qualifies those He calls. Leaders are made, not born. Learn to utilize your strengths and maximize your potential.
Together in God’s Mission of Transformation of the World | Accelerating transformational change, cultivating a culture of healthy leadership, developing a new generation of transformed, empowered and servant leaders, and helping people pursue their unique vision and calling and live their life with purpose and mission. | LOVE NEVER FAILS™