I would describe myself as a visionary strategist, mission mobilizer, missional entrepreneur, entrepreneurship ecosystem builder, small business development trainer and coach, business consultant, discipleship development trainer and mentor, leadership development trainer and facilitator, leadership coach, professional trainer, professional counselor, and transformational leader.
Vision Statement: Following my passion and purpose in life, I envisioned agape love movement that brings God’s transforming love and living hope to all generations.
Mission Statement: Compelled by Christ’s love, I am driven by my mission to accelerate transformational change, cultivate a culture of healthy leadership, develop a new generation of transformed, empowered and servant leaders, and help them pursue their unique God-given vision and calling and live their life with purpose and mission.
My Background: I was born and raised in a Christian family, spent my childhood in remote villages within Falam Township, Chin State in western Myanmar. My parents are retired self-employed businessman and retired primary school headmistress. I have seven siblings, three brothers and four sisters, and I’m the second eldest son. I studied my high school in Chin State, and also learned to grow a wide variety of crops and diversified vegetable farm of hill farming in Chin State.
How I Became a Born-Again Believer: Being raised in a Christian family, I was taught the Bible and have attended Children’s Sunday school and the church but had never felt that I truly understand the gospel of Jesus Christ until I attended a gospel crusade. By God’s grace, I had the opportunity to hear the authentic gospel and came to know Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and Lord at age 14. With my elder brother David we moved to Yangon in the year 2000 to pursue theological education when I was 16.
God’s Call to the Ministry: I began to serve in Children’s ministry as a Sunday school teacher in my teenager. It was since 1998 I had a desire to serve in ministry, and in 2002 I realized God’s call to the ministry, and in 2007 I discovered my God-sized dreams and vision, then in 2009 I came in full realization of my unique God-given calling and the specific purpose God has for my life. Though I failed God many times, He is faithful always and His love never fails me.
My Family: My wife Alice and I have been married ten years now and God has blessed us with two fabulous sons, Joshua Mang and Joseph Mang, and an unborn child. I am convinced that God established our family and He uses our trials to mold and shape us for His own purpose, and He makes us into what He intended for our marriage and family. I always thank God for my family because family leadership helps prepare me for Christian leadership. We live in Yangon, Myanmar. Read More My Family
My Calling and Career: I began my career from a humble beginning in March 2007. As a bivocational minister, missional entrepreneur, I am also called to marketplace ministry through my profession of missional entrepreneurship ecosystem development and micro and small business development. As a natural born entrepreneur, I am a self-starter who works on my own initiative and through a right discern of God’s leadership. I worked my way up from a waiter to business owner, from missional entrepreneur to entrepreneurial ecosystem builder.
I hold both leadership and management roles at Peter Mang Company Limited, a private family enterprise that is a growing business as mission founded in March 2018. And also I founded Agape Entrepreneurship Association, a leading business as mission movement focused on building and accelerating inclusive and sustainable growth through entrepreneurial ecosystem development and micro, small and medium-sized business development in Myanmar. Read More My Calling and Career
Called to Pastoral Ministry: I enjoy being Pastor as Life Coach and Shepherd. As a Life Coach, my mission is to help people from all walks of life find their life’s true purpose, pursue their unique God-given vision and calling, live their life with purpose and mission, and lead their life, family, ministry and business. And as a Shepherd, my utmost responsibility is to lead, feed, nurture, comfort, discipline, protect and care for the people of God or members of the body of Jesus Christ, which represents in the members of the local church and most of all to equip God’s people for ministry.
Since 2012 I have the privilege of serving as founding pastor of Agape Church Yangon, an independent and autonomous local body of born-again believers, operating through small groups and house churches that function as a multisite church in Yangon, Myanmar.
My Unique God-given Vision: In earlier 2007, God has implanted in me the vision for LOVE NEVER FAILS™, a God-given vision to initiate agape love movement that will bring God’s transforming love and living hope to all generations. With true brokenness and life changing moment on Sunday, June 28, 2009, God brought forth my unique God-given vision to initiate a global movement of God’s mission of transformation.
My Ministry Experiences: Following my unique God-given vision and values, I have initiated Agape Initiatives Movement, a transformational mission movement committed to accelerating God’s mission of transformation of the world. With my wife Alice, I have founded the following high-impact, multi-faceted transformational mission initiatives:
- Agape Youth Alliance – (2017): AYA is a nonprofit organization with a mission to transform access to child and youth advocacy, education and development. AYA exists to help next generation find their God-given identity in Christ and pursue their unique God-given vision and calling and live their life with purpose and mission.
- Agape Leadership University – (2017): ALU is a private non-profit Christian institution that operates under AIM Global Alliance in Yangon, Myanmar. ALU exists to inspire and equip transformed, empowered and servant leaders for God’s mission of transformation.
- Agape Development Foundation – (2016): ADF is a non-profit Christian charitable organization dedicated to building and accelerating holistic, inclusive and sustainable development in Myanmar. ADF exists to create financial stability and provide holistic approach to inclusive and sustainable development that help support the acceleration of God’s mission of transformation.
- Agape Resources Organization – (2016): ARO is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making resources accessible for leaders, churches and organizations. ACR exists to coordinate the multifaceted high-impact transformational initiatives and facilitate to increase access to resources.
- Agape Entrepreneurship Association – (2015): AEA is Agape Entrepreneurship Association is a growing transformational entrepreneurship movement dedicated to accelerating inclusive and sustainable growth through missional entrepreneurship ecosystem development in Myanmar. AEA exists to develop missional entrepreneurs, create business opportunities, develop missional entrepreneurship ecosystem, and promote micro, small and medium-sized business development in Myanmar.
- Agape Gospel Alliance – (2013): AGA is a gospel movement of evangelism and discipleship and an initiative for church growth and revitalization dedicated to multiplying disciples who will make disciples, creating a disciple-making culture in churches, accelerating church growth in Myanmar. AGA exists to provide evangelism explosion, discipleship development, church growth and revitalization, and access to discipleship mission training and ministry support relations for churches.
- Agape Church Yangon – (2012): Agape Church is an independent and autonomous local body of believers, operating through small groups and house churches that function as a multisite church in Yangon.
- Agape Mission Alliance – (2009): AMA is a mission mobilization and church planting and multiplication movement. AMA exists to envision God’s working in and through every disciple of Christ to fulfill the Great Commission, and to develop national leaders for transformational mission and accelerate church planting and multiplication movement in Myanmar.
- Agape Initiatives Movement – (2009) AIM was founded as Agape Mission in June 2009 with a vision to see every people group saved and transformed through the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was established as a nonprofit religious organization in January 2016, with its corporate office in Yangon, Myanmar. AIM is a transformational mission movement dedicated to accelerating God’s mission of transformation of the world. As part of a global movement of God’s mission of transformation, our emphasis is Christ’s Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) and Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
Other Ministry Experiences:
- Church Planter, Global Life Enrichment Center – (2014 – 2015): served as Assistant Pastor at Truth Church in Hlaingtharyar, Yangon, and English Service Coordinator at Myanmar Enrichment Mission.
- Committee Member, Myanmar Move – (2012): Equipping Youth Leaders and Resources for Youth Workers and National Youth Pastors Conference.
- Youth Worker, Gospel Baptist Church of North Dagon and Gospel Baptist Youth Fellowship – (2000 – 2006)
- Student Library Assistant, Gospel Baptist Bible Seminary, Yangon – (2002 – 2005)
- Sunday School Teacher, Children’s Education Department of The Wesleyan Church of Mualzawl, Chin State – (1998 – 2000)
Together in God’s Mission of Transformation of the World | Accelerating Transformation Through Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy and Development | LOVE NEVER FAILS™